Wow Bao BBQ Berkshire Pork Bao, Teriyaki Chicken Bao & Chicken Potstickers
A trio of Asian street food: BBQ Berkshire pork bao, teriyaki chicken bao, and ginger chicken potstickers. Yum!
- Box of BBQ Berkshire Pork Bao (4 pieces)
- Box of Teriyaki Chicken Bao (4 pieces)
- Box of Chicken Potstickers (about 21 pieces)
- STOVE TOP STEAM: Fill a pot with water. Rest a colander above it and cover (water should not be in colander). Once water is boiling and steam is produced, add bao to the colander and cover. Steam for 4-6 minutes (for thawed bao), or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove bao from heat. Allow to cool slightly before eating. Bao are best served if they do not touch one another or the sides of the steamer while cooking.
- MICROWAVE OVEN: Place 1-2 bao on a microwave safe plate. Cover them with a damp (not moist) paper towel. Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds (for thawed bao) or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove bao from heat. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
- Ensure Bao are not touching each other or sides of the pan as doing so will cause Bao skin to tear or become soggy.
- Each Bao has its flavor printed on the parchment sheet attached to the bottom; Parchment sheet is left on during the cooking process. Ink on the paper is food safe.
- POTSTICKERS: Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add oil (canola oil recommended) to coat the bottom of the frying plan. Add frozen potstickers and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat, add ½ cup water into pan. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 7 minutes.
- BOILED DUMPLINGS: Bring a generous amount of water to a rapid boil. Add frozen dumplings and cook for 3 minutes, or until they float. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Drain and serve.
- STEAMED DUMPLINGS: Bring water in a steamer to boil. Add frozen dumplings (may put on small plate), cover for 4 ½ to 5 minutes. Serve.
- Potstickers and dumplings are the same product, just prepared differently. Potstickers are pan-fried, dumplings are steamed or boiled.