How to Grill a Pizza the Chicago Way!
Fire up the grill and head to the backyard for your next pizza night!
We've teamed up with our friends at Weber Grills to show you just how easy it is to grill a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza. When the grilling experts and the pizza experts get together, you know the results are going to be exceptionally delicious!
Watch as Weber Head Grill Master, Kevin Kolman, shows you step by step how to grill a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza.
How to Grill a Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza on a Gas Grill
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking over medium heat at 375-400° and preheat on high for 10-15 minutes. The outside burners should be on medium to medium low and the inside burner(s) should be off.
- Keeping your pizza in the tin, place on the center of the grill.
- Cheese pizzas take 40-45 minutes and pepperoni and sausage pizzas take 50-55 minutes.
- Set a timer and use a thermometer to check for a temperature of at least 165° with a nicely browned crust and some gooey cheese.
- If pizza is not done, close the lid and set a timer for 5 minutes, then check again.
To grill your pizza on a charcoal grill, using 3/4 of a chimney, preheat your grill by placing the charcoal evenly around the outside of the charcoal grate in a complete circle. You'll be targeting temps at 375-400°. The dampers should be set to about half way open. Place pizza in the center of the grate and use same cooking times as above.
To grill your pizza on a pellet grill, set your Weber SmokeFire up to be anywhere between 375-400° for 10-15 minutes. Place pizza on the top rack, directly in the center of the grill and use same cooking times as above.
Cooking a half-baked pizza from your local Lou Malnati's?
Use the same instructions as above, but cook for 20-25 minutes, again checking for a temperature of at least 165°.