Vienna Beef and Pizza Combo
Average Rating from 15 Reviews Write a Review
Product Details and Contents
Vienna's Italian beef kit contains 2-lbs. of beef with 2-lbs. of gravy, 6-oz. of giardiniera, and 8 Italian rolls. Paired with 2 Lou Malnati's pizzas.
Stove top heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in large sauce pan.
- Heat until it reaches 180°.DO NOT BOIL. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Open beef pack and separate slices. This creates a more flavorful and tender sandwich.
- Add enough slices for 2-3 sandwiches at a time and heat for about 1 minute. Add beef in small increments as needed.
- Take temperature of gravy while heating beef. The temperature should stay between 165° and 180° for best results.
- Place rolls on cookie pan 2" apart and bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Microwave heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in microwave safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes. This includes any solids or spices.
- Stir contents and then heat for another 4 minutes while separating the beef slices. The temperature should be 180°. DO NOT BOIL.
- Take bowl out of microwave and add enough beef for 2-3 sandwiches and stir in for about a minute. Take temperature as you add beef.
- If the temperature falls below 165° remove beef, return to microwave and reheat for 2 minutes.
Food Safety Caution: The beef and gravy in this package must be at 40° or colder upon receiving it.
Customer Reviews (15)
BEEF WITH GRAVEY AND 2 SAUSAGE PIZZA'S
Product itself & delivery outstanding as always!
Vienna Beef and Pizza Combo
Was very good - but I think I will go back to our old favorite of Portillo's beef with my next order. Pizza awesome as usual!
A slice of Chicago
The crust on our sausage pizzas baked up crisp and delicious. Awesome dinner and solid value.
I miss the food in Chicago. It is wonderful to be able to eat like I am back home. Love Lou's pizza and love the italian beef sandwiches.
For Chicago Food Lovers
The best gift to give! My friends in California go absolutely crazy when I send them pizzas from Lou Malnati's and other delicacies from the Windy City. They arrive when promised and the quality is always top shelf!!
You can't get Italian Beefs & Pizza 'Daown Saouth'!
This was a birthday gift to a dear friend who grew up in Chicago & now lives in Alabama. She was THRILLED with the Chicago goodies -- I wrote her that I was glad they liked it, and she said: "We don't like it. We LOVE it!" I'm planning on another surprise, but maybe adding Vienna hot dogs next time. They ate Chicago memories and delicious treats four days in a row! Thank you. I will definitely be back. Great, great gift!
Mom loved it lives in northern Wisconsin and nothing like it there!
Taste of Chicago
Pizza and real Italian Roast Beef. I have missed what is true deep dish pizza and felt I needed to order once again from the famed Lou Malnatti's. Once I ordered, I waited the two painstaking days for delivery (makes 45 minutes in the restaurant seem like nothing!). Once it arrived, I took the next day off to thoroughly enjoy my anticipated pizza. As always, I was not disappointed. Thank you Lou Malnatti's for delivering a great pizza and a Taste of Chicago, the city I love the most.
Awesome Customer Service
This review is not for the actual product. Due to weather conditions, my package arrived 7 days later. Needless to say it had to be thrown away. I called Malnati's and they sent out a new order. No problem. No hassle. Just a wonderful, courteous person on the other end of the phone. I'm sending all of my friends and family Malnati's pizza from now on!
Pizza - hmmmmmmm
The pizzas did not taste very good. The crust tasted very old. Have to say this will make it hard to order again.
Vienna Italian Beef
Good texture and flavor of the beef, but a bit too much herbs for my taste; I also would have preferred a bit more fat in the au jus - but still a very good sandwich. The giardiniera was good and the rolls were excellent.
Yummy - made us homesick ! Best birthday gift by far!
Christmas 2013 Gift Pack
The pizzas and the Vienna Beef were both easy to make and tasted good.
I catered a lunch for our office with Lou Malnati's pizzas and Italian Beef Sandwiches. Everyone raved about the pizzas, but being a Chicago native, I thought that they were not up to Lou's excellent standards. Don't get me wrong, they were still good and I enjoyed them, but I've had better from Luo's. The beef sandwiches were flat-out excellent!