Vienna Beef Hot Dog Kit & Italian Beef Kit with an Eli's Cheesecake
Get the party started with this Chicago-style feast for a crowd, including Vienna Beef hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches, and an Eli's cheesecake for dessert. Yum!
This Vienna Beef Hot Dog Kit & Italian Beef Kit with a Cheesecake includes:
- 10 Vienna hot dogs
- 10 poppy seed buns
- 9 oz. of yellow mustard
- 6 oz. of bright green relish
- 6 oz. of spicy sport peppers
- Celery salt
- 2 pounds of seasoned Vienna Italian beef
- 2 pounds of gravy
- 8 Italian rolls
- 6-oz. of hot giardiniera
- 1 8" Eli's Original Plain or Sampler Cheesecake
Hot DogsCooking the hot dogs:
- Fill a 4-quart pot with one and a half quarts of water (48 ounces).
- Bring the water to a boil, turn the water down until it stops boiling, or a slight simmer. (DO NOT COOK HOT DOGS IN BOILING WATER).
- Place desired number of hot dogs into water and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Do not steam buns until hot dogs have cooked for 20 minutes
- Place package of hot dog buns into a microwave. (If fewer buns are desired, put them into a plastic bag and loosely close bag)
- Heat buns on high for 2 to 2 ½ minutes. (If fewer buns are desired, heat for 45-60 seconds)
Italian BeefStove top heating instructions:
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in large sauce pan.
- Heat until it reaches 180°.DO NOT BOIL. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Open beef pack and separate slices. This creates a more flavorful and tender sandwich.
- Add enough slices for 2-3 sandwiches at a time and heat for about 1 minute. Add beef in small increments as needed.
- Take temperature of gravy while heating beef. The temperature should stay between 165° and 180° for best results.
- Place rolls on cookie pan 2" apart and bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in microwave safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes. This includes any solids or spices.
- Stir contents and then heat for another 4 minutes while separating the beef slices. The temperature should be 180°. DO NOT BOIL.
- Take bowl out of microwave and add enough beef for 2-3 sandwiches and stir in for about a minute. Take temperature as you add beef.
- If the temperature falls below 165° remove beef, return to microwave and reheat for 2 minutes.
Real reviews from customers just like you!
Just Like Being a Kid Again"The food arrived safely and exactly when promised. And it was delicious, just as I remember it was growing up in Chicago. Thank you Lou."
Tammy From Hickory, NC
YUM! YUM!"Delicious! We have not purchased anything we have not enjoyed! Nice crisp hot dog!"
Gary From Ontario, CA
Cheesecake with Hot Dog and Beef Kit"Oh...Yummy as usually, Tender and delicious..The Hot Dogs Beefy and with the toppings made my expierence even much better. The Cheese cake was out of this world. I will be coming back again and again. "