Vienna Italian Beef Kit
Average Rating from 13 Reviews Write a Review
Product Details and Contents
Vienna Italian Beef Kit: A classic Chicago picnic. 2 pounds of seasoned beef packaged with 2 pounds of gravy, 6-oz. of giardiniera, and eight Italian rolls.
Stove top heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in large sauce pan.
- Heat until it reaches 180°.DO NOT BOIL. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Open beef pack and separate slices. This creates a more flavorful and tender sandwich.
- Add enough slices for 2-3 sandwiches at a time and heat for about 1 minute. Add beef in small increments as needed.
- Take temperature of gravy while heating beef. The temperature should stay between 165° and 180° for best results.
- Place rolls on cookie pan 2" apart and bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Microwave heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in microwave safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes. This includes any solids or spices.
- Stir contents and then heat for another 4 minutes while separating the beef slices. The temperature should be 180°. DO NOT BOIL.
- Take bowl out of microwave and add enough beef for 2-3 sandwiches and stir in for about a minute. Take temperature as you add beef.
- If the temperature falls below 165° remove beef, return to microwave and reheat for 2 minutes.
Food Safety Caution: The beef and gravy in this package must be at 40° or colder upon receiving it.
Customer Reviews (13)
Vienna Italian Beef
I was raised in the suburbs of Chicago and now live in Indiana. I miss the Italian Beef and Vienna Beef Hotdogs so much. I found your website after a friend told me about you. That was the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Thank you for your wonderful products and prompt service.
Order wasn't delivered to my sister on Christmas Eve like I paid for but the day after Christmas and the dry ice was gone so product wasn't fresh
L. Fyda(Park Ridge,IL)
Vienna Beef Xmas gift to Montana family
I sent a late gift to a family member in Montana of Vienna Beef.
Beefs are good but too expensive I could of bought a plane ticket wiyh what I spent but I will stick with Lou's at sit down locations!!!!
Excellent taste, but Costly
Italian Beef in Puerto Rico
Italian Beef is a family favorite and something that we have when family is in from out of town so to find this option to do a special dinner in Puerto Rico during a family reunion was perfect. Everyone loved it! It was easy to order, came on time, was easy to prepare and everyone loved it. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is that one of the 3 packages was missing the giardiniera packet. Otherwise, it was a fun dinner for our family.
Feedback on order
I ordered the Vienna beef kit. Unfortunately I did not care for it. I typically order the Portillo's beef kit which comes with sweet peppers and the gravy is much more tasteful.
I haven't had an Italian beef for 17 years. I am so happy. Delicious.
Gravy/juice not as good as Portillo's...my mistake was we always order Portillo's..didn't double check. I guess getting old is taking its toll on us...both 75 in October.
Jeff. And JoAnn(Gilroy,CA)
Drier than portillos
Just got the Vienna beef as a birthday present. It was good but you don't get much juice to cook in so its kind of dry. I prefer portillos better
The BEST!!! Have ordered this, with hot dog kit several times.