Portillo's Hot Dog Kit
This Portillo's hot dog kit comes with enough Chicago-style hot dogs for 10 adults. Ketchup lovers beware! There is no place for that condiment on a classic Portillo's hot dog.
This Portillo's Hot Dog Kit comes packed with:
- 10 all beef Portillo's Chicago hot dogs
- 10 poppy-seed buns
- 9-oz of yellow mustard
- 6-oz of green relish
- 6-oz of sport peppers
- Celery salt
A Portillo's Chicago-style hot dog starts with a natural skin on all beef hot dog, served in a steamed poppy seed bun, loaded with mustard, relish, onions, tomatoes, kosher pickle spear, sport peppers, and Portillo's own seasoning salt.
- Fill a 4 quart pot with one and half quarts of water (48 ounces).
- Bring water to a boil; turn the water down until it stops boiling, or a slight simmer. (DO NOT COOK HOT DOGS IN BOILING WATER).
- Place desired number of hot dogs into water and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. This is one of the critical steps to get the genuine Portillo's flavor.
Hot Dog Buns
- Do not steam the buns until the hot dogs have cooked for 20 minutes.
- Place package of hot dog buns into a microwave, if fewer buns are desired put them into a plastic bag and loosely close bag.
- Heat buns on high for 2 to 2 ½ minutes. (If fewer buns are desired heat for 45-60 seconds).
- Be cautious when opening, escaping steam and hot dog buns will be extremely hot.
- Carefully open steamed bun completely.
- Place hot dog into bun with ends curling up.
- Top with desired condiments in the following order: Mustard, Relish, Onion, Tomato slices, Portillo's seasoning salt (one shake per slice), Pickle spear and Sport Peppers.
Real reviews from customers just like you!
Perfect gift!"My in-laws are originally from Chicago and love Portillos hot dogs. I sent two boxes to them as a gift and they loved them! The shipment even arrived a day sooner than estimated. I will definitely be ordering these again. "
On Time and Delicious"The order arrived exactly on time and was well-packed. The hot dogs were delicious and well-received."
kathie From NORTHBROOK, IL
portillo's hot dog kit"chicago hot dogs went to my son in Florida. He devoured them."