Great reminder of my time living in the Chicago area.
Vienna Italian Beef Kit
Dish out a heaping helping of authentic Chicago flavor with this Vienna Italian beef kit, packed with everything you need to create an authentic Chicago-style Italian beef sandwich.
This Vienna Italian Beef Kit includes:
- 2 pounds of seasoned Vienna Italian beef
- 2 pounds of gravy
- 8 Italian rolls
- 6-oz. of hot giardiniera
Stove top heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in large sauce pan.
- Heat until it reaches 180°.DO NOT BOIL. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Open beef pack and separate slices. This creates a more flavorful and tender sandwich.
- Add enough slices for 2-3 sandwiches at a time and heat for about 1 minute. Add beef in small increments as needed.
- Take temperature of gravy while heating beef. The temperature should stay between 165° and 180° for best results.
- Place rolls on cookie pan 2" apart and bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Microwave heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in microwave safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes. This includes any solids or spices.
- Stir contents and then heat for another 4 minutes while separating the beef slices. The temperature should be 180°. DO NOT BOIL.
- Take bowl out of microwave and add enough beef for 2-3 sandwiches and stir in for about a minute. Take temperature as you add beef.
- If the temperature falls below 165° remove beef, return to microwave and reheat for 2 minutes.
Real Reviews from
Customers Just Like You!
The meat and gravy are wonderful but last time we got a JAR of the giardiniere, and it felt like there was double the gravy then what was provided this time.
I accidentally ordered the Vienna Italian Beef Kit instead of the Portillo's kit. It is awful compared to Portillo's.
Ran out of au-jus and Gardiner after one kit. They got stingy with both. Will not order again. Flavors on point though.
Purchased Chicago Beef kits for two family members that live in states where they can’t buy a great Italian beef sandwich.
I'm born and raised in Chicago but now live in California! And they don't sell this here so I order it and wow it was amazing I thought I was back home!
Fresh and good!
I was somewhat disappointed with the flavor and texture of the beef. I grew up in Chicago eating Vienna Beef and it did not tast the same. I am sceptical of ordering again. I also wish you had different brand of pizza.Lou’s is not m favorite.
I sent it to my son in California, for Christmas. He & his family loved it.