Portillo's Italian Beef Kit & Hot Dog Kit Combo
Get a taste of two of Portillo's most famous dishes, their Chicago-style hot dogs and Italian beef sandwiches!
This Portillo's Italian Beef Kit & Hot Dog Kit Combo is packed with:
- 2 lbs. of Portillo's Famous Italian Beef
- 2 qts of Portillo's signature gravy
- 8 bake and serve Italian rolls
- 8 oz. of Sweet Peppers
- 8 oz. of Hot Giardiniera
- 10 all beef Portillo's Chicago hot dogs
- 10 poppy-seed buns
- 9-oz of yellow mustard
- 6-oz of green relish
- 6-oz of sport peppers
- Celery salt
- Fill a 4 quart pot with one and half quarts of water (48 ounces).
- Bring water to a boil; turn the water down until it stops boiling, or a slight simmer. (DO NOT COOK HOT DOGS IN BOILING WATER).
- Place desired number of hot dogs into water and cook uncovered for 20 minutes. This is one of the critical steps to get the genuine Portillo's flavor.
Hot Dog Buns
- Do not steam the buns until the hot dogs have cooked for 20 minutes.
- Place package of hot dog buns into a microwave, if fewer buns are desired put them into a plastic bag and loosely close bag.
- Heat buns on high for 2 to 2 ½ minutes. (If fewer buns are desired heat for 45-60 seconds).
- Be cautious when opening, escaping steam and hot dog buns will be extremely hot.
- Carefully open steam bun completely.
- Place hot dog into bun with ends curling up.
- Top with desired condiments in the following order: Mustard, Relish, Onion, Tomato slices, Portillo's seasoning salt (one shake per slice), Pickle spear and Sport Peppers.
Stove top heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in large sauce pan.
- Heat until it reaches 180°.DO NOT BOIL. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Open beef pack and separate slices. This creates a more flavorful and tender sandwich.
- Add enough slices for 2-3 sandwiches at a time and heat for about 1 minute. Add beef in small increments as needed.
- Take temperature of gravy while heating beef. The temperature should stay between 165° and 180° for best results.
- Place rolls on cookie pan 2" apart and bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
Microwave heating instructions
- Place entire contents of gravy bucket in microwave safe bowl and heat for 5 minutes. This includes any solids or spices.
- Stir contents and then heat for another 4 minutes while separating the beef slices. The temperature should be 180°. DO NOT BOIL.
- Take bowl out of microwave and add enough beef for 2-3 sandwiches and stir in for about a minute. Take temperature as you add beef.
- If the temperature falls below 165° remove beef, return to microwave and reheat for 2 minutes.
Real reviews from customers just like you!
Kevin From Carpenter, WY
dad was right"My stepdad was from Chicago and had told me about Portillos Italian beef and he was right. Absolutely fantastic."
Karen From Cheyenne, WY
Father's Day Celebration"Ordered the beef and hot dogs for a Father's Day dinner, it was GREAT! Everyone loved it. The food arrived on time and was well packed. Directions were easy to follow. Thanks!"